Latest Unix Stories
More desktop choices, updated PBI system round out new feature list San Jose, CA (PRWEB) January 13, 2012 From the outer reaches of deep space to the miniscule nucleus of an atom, the developers of PC-BSD make it clear that the scope and possibilities of PC-BSD are endless. Following the release of the Hubble Edition, iXsystems eagerly announces the release of PC-BSD® 9.0: Isotope Edition. PC-BSD is a stable, secure, and user-oriented desktop operating system based on FreeBSD. Kris...
A computer terminal is an electromechanical hardware device that is used for entering data into a computer and displaying it. Although the first terminals were cost efficient, they were very slow compared to punched cards for input. As the technology enhanced and video displays were introduced, timesharing systems were developed and evolved to make up for any other problems. A terminal functions to display data and assist with data input. Historically, the first terminals were...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.