Unix Reference Libraries
A computer terminal is an electromechanical hardware device that is used for entering data into a computer and displaying it. Although the first terminals were cost efficient, they were very slow compared to punched cards for input. As the technology enhanced and video displays were introduced, timesharing systems were developed and evolved to make up for any other problems. A terminal...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.