Latest USS Macon Stories
By Matt Barnwell, The Macon Telegraph, Ga. Jul. 2--A private contractor hired by Macon has collected nearly 200,000 cubic yards of storm debris from the Mother's Day tornado, officials said today, and is only part way through the pick up process. It will probably be late August or September before the entire job is done, said Bill Causey, Macon's director of Public Works. He, Mayor Robert Reichert and representatives from the company hired to haul tree limbs away from city residents'...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.