Latest Ust-Kamchatsk Stories
Twin volcanoes on Russia's far-eastern Kamchatka Peninsula erupted on Thursday, pumping massive ash clouds miles into the air, diverting flights and covering nearby towns in thick, heavy ash. The Klyuchevskaya Sopka, the highest mountain on the Kamchatka Peninsula and the highest active volcano in Eurasia, exploded along with the Shiveluch volcano 45 miles to the northeast, said officials with the Russian Emergency Situations Ministry's Kamchatka branch. No injuries were reported, but flights...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.