Latest UX Tauri Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online A new study, using the capabilities of the Subaru Telescope, has captured a clear image of the protoplanetary disk of the star UX Tau A. An international team of researchers from the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan (NAOJ) and the Japanese universities of Kobe, Hyogo, and Saitama released a detailed study of the disk's characteristics, suggesting that its dust particles are large in size and non-spherical in shape. The...
A stellar prodigy has been spotted about 450 light-years away in a system called UX Tau A by NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope. Astronomers suspect this system's central sun-like star, which is just one million years old, may already be surrounded by young planets. Scientists hope the finding will provide insight into when planets began to form in our own solar system. "This result is exciting because we see a gap, potentially carved out by planets, around a dusty sun-like star. In almost all...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.