Latest Valdes Peninsula Stories
A strange form of hunting can be witnessed near the northern tip of Argentina. Orcas, also known as killer whales, have been seen launching themselves onto the shore with intentions of making a sea lion pup part of their next meal. The orcas use sonar to hunt. They beach themselves in high tide, and allow the waves to carry them back into the sea. The method is risky, but orcas attempt to judge the waves pattern to make sure they are able to catch the next wave and return to the sea. The rare...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.