Latest Venous ulcer Stories
Researchers from Université Laval's Faculty of Medicine and CHU de Québec have shown that it is possible to treat venous ulcers unresponsive to conventional treatment with wound dressings made from human skin grown in vitro. A study published recently in the journal Advances in Skin and Wound Care demonstrates how this approach was successfully used to treat venous lower-extremity ulcers in patients who had been chronically suffering from such wounds. About 1% of the population suffers...
Robin Fleck, M.D., founder and medical director of Vein Specialties specializes in the treatment of varicose veins. Recently, her practice has seen a rise in younger patients with this disorder. Prescott, Arizona (PRWEB) August 13, 2013 Varicose veins are enlarged, twisted veins that appear on the legs and ankles of middle aged and older adults. In a normal vein, deoxygenated blood gets pumped back to the heart. However, in those patients with venous insufficiency, due to damaged valves,...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.