Latest Vidya Madhavan Stories
Superconductivity is a unique state in which electrons move freely inside a solid material. This complete lack of electrical resistance could translate to incredibly efficient electric power cables, as well as many other promising technologies.But there's a hitch. Most superconductors become that way only at very low temperatures, often near absolute zero (around -273 degrees Celsius or -460 degrees Fahrenheit). To chill a material enough so that its electrons become "unglued" from their...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.