Latest Vincent Conte Stories
Health officials in Miami announced an apparent outbreak of meningitis this week that has killed four people and sickened 12. Dr. Vincent Conte of the Miami-Dade Health Department said that the victims were infected with an unusual and unusually virulent strain of the disease, W135. The Miami Herald reported. Only about 3 percent of meningitis cases around the world are caused by that strain of virus. The pattern of the outbreak is puzzling, Conte said, because those infected with the disease...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.