Latest Virginia gubernatorial election Stories
RICHMOND, Virginia (Reuters) - President George W. Bush took a detour to Virginia on his way back from Latin America on Monday to try to give Republican Jerry Kilgore an election-eve boost in his deadlocked race for governor. Despite his own political woes and declining popularity, Bush hoped to rally Republicans to vote on Tuesday in a contest that polls show is too close to call and in which turnout could be crucial for Kilgore and his Democratic rival, Lt. Gov. Tim Kaine. "We're...
By John Whitesides, Political Correspondent LEESBURG, Virginia (Reuters) - In a close Virginia governor's race marked by a bitter fight over the death penalty, the biggest name is not on the ballot -- popular incumbent and potential Democratic presidential contender Mark Warner. With Warner barred by state law from seeking a second term, Democratic Lt. Gov. Tim Kaine and Republican former state Attorney General Jerry Kilgore are battling to succeed him in a race that polls show is...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.