Latest Vivien Leigh Stories
By Christopher Blank "Orson's Shadow," now onstage at Circuit Playhouse, comes on the heels of "The Compleat Stage Beauty," another play about life in the theater. Both are packed with inflated egos, barbed banter in English accents and numerous references to Shakespeare. Even the themes make them appear to be companion pieces for people fascinated by the inner workings of this business we call show. "Stage Beauty" concerned a 17th century actor who specialized in female roles. The...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.