Latest Vivy, Maine-et-Loir Stories
By Scott Malone NEW YORK (Reuters) - A massive search of John F. Kennedy Airport has failed to find a prize-winning show dog named Vivy who escaped while being loaded onto a plane, but authorities said on Thursday they had not given up hope. Vivy, who was returning to California after competing at the prestigious Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, had likely fled to marshy areas next to the airport, said Paul Lepiane, co-owner of the whippet. He said security guards might notice the...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.