Latest VLT Stories
On 5 October 2012, the European Southern Observatory (ESO) will broadcast A Day in the Life of ESO, a free, live event on the web, as part of its 50th Anniversary celebrations. There will be live observations from ESO´s flagship observatory, the Very Large Telescope (VLT), on Cerro Paranal in Chile´s Atacama Desert, as well as fascinating talks from astronomers at ESO´s Headquarters in Germany. Members of the public are invited to ask questions in advance of the event, or...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.