Latest Volcanism of New Zealand Stories
April Flowers for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online When you think of the Antarctic, images of snow, ice and glaciers are the usual associations. We forget that it is also a region of fire, dotted with volcanoes on the mainland and the surrounding islands. Some of these volcanoes are extinct and some are still active, such as the Marie Byrd Seamounts in the Amundsen Sea. Today, their summit plateaus are at depths of 7,800 - 5,200 feet, making them difficult to reach with conventional...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.