Latest Volna Stories
MOSCOW (AP) - Russian and European teams searched for an experimental mini-spacecraft on the eastern peninsula of Kamchatka on Saturday, a day after the prototype was test-launched from a nuclear submarine thousands of miles away, news reports said. The Demonstrator spacecraft - designed to carry cargo and passengers from the international space station to Earth - was launched from the submarine Borisoglebsk in the Barents Sea on Friday and was reported to have descended toward its target on...
PASADENA, Calif. (AP) -- Officials in charge of the Russian rocket that failed during launch of the Cosmos 1 solar sail spacecraft believe that the booster's stages never separated, the project director said in a statement. The officials believe the rocket went down near Novaya Zemlya, an archipelago that separates the Barents Sea from the Kara Sea, Louis D. Friedman said in a statement from Moscow posted on the Web site of The Planetary Society, the Pasadena-based organization behind the $4...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.