Latest Wai Yin Wong Stories
By Channing Gray No performer at the Newport Music Festival has been more anticipated than Wai Yin Wong, the 15-year-old Chinese piano prodigy who last year took the gold at the Horowitz Competition in Ukraine. Reports of her considerable talent were circulating at Friday's opening-night concert, and festival director Mark Malkovich, a judge at the Horowitz, called her "astonishing," and predicted she would have a big career. Well, Saturday night at The Breakers, Wong, making her...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.