Latest Wallace Stegner Stories
A forum in Utah this week celebrated the life and mystery of a young artist who vanished in southern Utah in 1934. Bones found last year were recently confirmed as those of Everett Ruess. The Californian was 20 when he was last seen near Escalante. The forum Monday at the University of Utah attracted a capacity crowd, The Salt Lake Tribune reported. Ruess's nephew and niece were there, as was Denny Bellson of Shiprock, N.M., who found the bones. Bellson, a member of the Navajo Nation, said...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- A cant or whining mode of speaking, especially in preaching or praying; the chant or recitative characteristic of the old Presbyterians in Scotland.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.