Latest Wars Stories
Best known as the furry Chewbacca in the "Star Wars" films, 7-foot-3 British actor Peter Mayhew is now a U.S. citizen. Mayhew softly recited the oath to become a naturalized American Monday, with his raised right hand trembling slightly. He was among more than 450 people from 56 countries who became naturalized Americans in a ceremony in Arlington. "I'll have a British passport, an American passport and a Wookiee passport," joked the 60-year-old Mayhew, alluding to the interplanetary traveler...
By Y.P. Rajesh NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Asian giants India and China enter the toughest leg of their attempts to settle a decades-old border row as envoys of the two countries hold talks this week to draw up a plan to mark their large frontier. Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh held talks with Chinese President Hu Jintao on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly in New York this month and agreed to pursue a reasonable solution to the dispute with a greater urgency. "The two...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.