Latest Water storage Stories
[ Watch the Video: ScienceCasts: California Drought ] Brett Smith for redOrbit.com - Your Universe Online In response to Governor Jerry Brown’s recent proclamation of a drought emergency in California, a team of scientists from the UC Center for Hydrologic Modeling (UCCHM) at the University of California, Irvine has updated research on the state’s two largest river basins -- the source of most its water. The updated evaluation showed that California's Sacramento and San Joaquin...
Australia should prepare now for dry times ahead by ℠banking´ its water underground when rainfall is plentiful, according to an important new scientific study. "There is enormous national potential to store surplus water in aquifers, ensuring sufficient water is available for cities, homes, industry, farming and the environment when drought strikes", says researcher Andrew Ross of the National Centre for Groundwater Research and Training (NCGRT). “We need to start...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.