Latest Waterborne diseases Stories
In the 1700s-1800s, dysentery was a disease causing many deaths.
Ten people have died in Pakistan's most populated city due to a brain-eating amoeba transmitted by contaminated water.
A University of Illinois microbial engineer has synthesized a sugar in human milk that is thought to protect babies from pathogens.
Children drinking from around half the UK's private water supplies are almost 5 times more likely to pick up stomach infections.
Researchers have found that a bacterium that emerged centuries ago in Europe has now been spreading globally into countries undergoing rapid development and industrialization.
Three people have died this year from a rare brain infection caused by an amoeba, called Naegleria Fowleri, which feasts on neurons.
Kids love to spend the summer at the local pool, lake or beach but it's possible they could end up with more than just a tan.
Just over a year after the earthquake in Haiti killed 222,000 people there's a new problem that is killing Haitians.
Vibrio vulnificus is a species of Gram-negative, motile, curved, rod-shaped bacteria of the Vibrio Genus. Hollis et al. first reported it in 1976. It was given the name Beneckea vulnifica by Reichelt et al. in 1976 and in 1979 Vibrio vulnificus by Farmer. V. vulnificus is related to V. cholerae and is present in marine environments such as estuaries, brackish ponds, or coastal areas. It causes an infection often incurred after eating seafood, especially raw or undercooked oysters. It can...
- A young chicken: also used as a pet name for children.