Southern Tailed Birdwing (Ornithoptera meridionalis), is the smallest species of butterfly in its genus. It is found in southern Papua New Guinea and in several areas along the south coast of Irian Jaya. It is strictly a lowland species, favouring primary rainforest. A very few specimens have also been collected at altitude in Irian Jaya, however these specimens were reared from immature stages and emerged crippled, suggesting that high altitude forests are not favoured habitats. Males...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.