The Lucia widow (Palpopleura lucia) is a species of dragonfly that can be found in a large range that includes Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Madagascar, Namibia, South Africa, and Zambia, among many other areas of sub-Saharan Africa. It prefers a habitat in tropical and subtropical habitats near rivers, swamps, wetlands, lakes, and marshes. The total population number of this species is not known and it is threatened by habitat loss due to drainage modifications and...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.