Latest White-headed Langur Stories
Mankind's closest living relatives -- apes, monkeys, gorillas, and other primates -- are among the world's most endangered species and are on the brink of extinction unless urgent measures are taken to protect them, according to a Thursday report by conservation groups. Researchers from all over the world participated to create the top 25 most endangered primate species list. In all, nearly half of the 634 known primate species are considered to be threatened to some degree, said the...
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) -- Human activities such as hunting and logging have driven nearly one quarter of the world's primate species - man's closest living relatives - to the brink of extinction, according to a new report. Without concerted action, great apes such as the Sumatran orangutan of Indonesia and the Eastern gorilla of central Africa are at risk of disappearing, according to the report to be released Thursday by the World Conservation Union, the International Primatological...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.