Latest White marlin Stories
New findings cast uncertainty on previous population size assessments for the severely overfished white marlin and call for reassessment of international recovery efforts The prized white marlin, sought by anglers in million dollar prize tournaments and captured incidentally in commercial fisheries, is among the most overfished marine species under international management and the subject of contentious debate on how to best achieve its recovery. Now a new study published today in the journal...
By LEE TOLLIVER By Lee Tolliver The Virginian-Pilot Bryan Whitehorne's first offshore fishing adventure provided a lot of experiences. Whitehorne, 18, of Virginia Beach , caught his first billfish on a recent trip out of Oregon Inlet. "It was awesome," the Tidewater Community College sophomore said of catching a white marlin. "A once-in-a-lifetime experience." But it wasn't all sunshine and happiness. Whitehorne's second time in the fighting chair provided a harsh lesson about...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.