Wolverine Reference Libraries
The Wolverine (Gulo gulo) is the largest land-dwelling species of the weasel family Mustelidae. It is also known as the Glutton or Carcajou. The wolverine lives primarily in isolated areas in the northern hemisphere. These areas include Alaska, northern Canada, Siberia and Scandinavia. They are also native to Russia and the Baltic countries. Until the mid 1800's they were found as far south as...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.