Latest Woodboring beetle Stories
Panama Canal Expansion Creates Rare Opportunity to Obtain Samples in Environmentally Sensitive Area The widening of the Panama Canal currently underway has created a rare opportunity to study the insects that inhabit the plants of environmentally sensitive Central American rain forest habitats. Dr. Amy Berkov, Professor of Biology at The City College of New York (CCNY), is leading a research effort that could shed new light on biodiversity by documenting the area's host-plant...
Asian Longhorned Beetle Now in Neighboring States; Could Threaten Hardwoods Industry ROCK SPRINGS, Pa., Aug. 18 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Agriculture Secretary Dennis Wolff today asked the public to help keep the Asian Longhorned Beetle from entering the state, saying the non-native, invasive wood-boring pest could severely harm Pennsylvania's hardwoods industry. "The Asian Longhorned Beetle has not yet been found in Pennsylvania, but if allowed to enter it could pose a major threat to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.