Latest Works Progress Administration Stories
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Officials shut down the Delta Air Lines terminal at New York's LaGuardia Airport on Friday after a man ran through a security checkpoint, CNN television said. It said flights were not being allowed to take off from Terminal D, but were being allowed to land after the security breach. A witness said 600 to 700 people were evacuated. CNN said the man took off his shoes for the security check and ran off without them, setting off the alert.
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.