Latest World Ocean Conference Stories
Representatives from over 70 nations at the World Ocean Conference in Indonesia are asking for oceans to be included on the agenda of global climate change talks aimed at finding a successor to the Kyoto Protocol, the AFP reported.Delegates want the issue to be included in crucial climate talks in Copenhagen in December, as an effort to reverse the impact of global warming on the oceans.Cuts in ocean pollution, funding for sustainable development in poor countries, greater research into how...
Ministers from 70 countries will congregate in Indonesia Monday to discus how to save the world's oceans and to plan climate change discussions in December. The five-day World Ocean Conference in Manado city is being called a unique congregation on the oceans' part in justifying climate change and the cost of higher temperatures like rising seas, loss of species and famine. Environment, fisheries and resources ministers are anticipated to concur where the direction of the...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.