Latest Yakult Stories
NEW YORK, Nov.
ALEXANDRIA, Va., Oct. 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, the success of the Young Investigator Grant for Probiotics Research (YIGPRO) program was confirmed with the announcement of two $50,000 grants that are available to rising young investigators in the field of probiotics.
NEW YORK, Oct.
ALEXANDRIA, Va., July 21 /PRNewswire/ -- The Global Probiotics Council (GPC), a committee established in 2004 by DANONE and Yakult Honsha Co., Ltd., announced the two recipients of the annual Young Investigator Grant for Probiotics Research (YIGPRO) today.
BOSTON, July 8 /PRNewswire/ -- An emerging body of scientific research about probiotics was presented today at the academic conference, "Protective Nutrients, Are They Here To Stay?" an annual Harvard Medical School Division of Nutrition Annual Postgraduate Nutrition Symposium.
Probiotic supplements are of no use to healthy people and may harm people who have impaired immune systems, a British microbiologist said. British consumers spend tens of millions of dollars a year on unregulated probiotic supplements because of some instinctive sense it will make them healthier, said Michael Wilson, a microbiologist at London's University College. Diarrhea caused by antibiotics can be reduced by topping up on good bacteria found in probiotics, such as yogurts, Wilson said.
SAN DIEGO, May 27 /PRNewswire/ -- A growing body of research was presented at the symposium, "The Health Benefits of Probiotics" at the American Academy of Physician Assistants (AAPA) 37th Annual Conference.
- Probiotics expert Dr. Mary Ellen Sanders and food industry authority Donna Berry will give a probiotics seminar with insightful tips for retailers - TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- In the last few years, literally hundreds of probiotic products have been introduced to the U.S.
- Wal-Mart, Kroger and Safeway among list of new retailers - TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning in March, Yakult U.S.A. Inc. will make its signature probiotic dairy beverage, Yakult, available to consumers in the country's second largest economy - Texas.
- Dr. Tommy Tomizawa of UCLA Medical Center will present latest research and evidence that probiotics may be beneficial to the elderly - TORRANCE, Calif., Feb.
- Stoppage; cessation (of labor).
- A standing still or idling (of mills, factories, etc.).