Latest Yoshihide Wada Stories
As people pump groundwater for irrigation, drinking water, and industrial uses, the water doesn´t just seep back into the ground – it also evaporates into the atmosphere, or runs off into rivers and canals, eventually emptying into the world´s oceans. This water adds up, and a new study calculates that by 2050, groundwater pumping will cause a global sea level rise of about 0.8 millimeters per year. “Other than ice on land, the excessive groundwater extractions are...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.