Latest Yucca Mountain nuclear waste repository Stories
NRC's Assumptions About the Impacts of Waste Disposal are Obsolete - An Environmental Impact Statement is Needed to Comply With Federal Law, Groups Say WASHINGTON, Feb. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Less than a week after three states went to court to dispute the safety issues of storing nuclear waste on site at reactor sites, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) faces two major new legal challenges to the agency's 2010 findings that used nuclear reactor fuel and high-level...
WASHINGTON, April 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by Savannah River Site Community Reuse Organization: WHO: Georgia and South Carolina Community Leaders from Counties Around The Department of Energy's Savannah River Site WHAT: Press Conference to discuss the Federal Government's decision to halt work on the Yucca Mountain Permanent Nuclear Waste Repository WHEN: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11 a.m. EDT WHERE: National Press Club, Zenger Room, 13(th)...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.