Latest Zachary K. Johnson Stories
By Zachary K. Johnson, The Record, Stockton, Calif. Jul. 30--STOCKTON -- Without San Joaquin General Hospital, the cost to the county to provide medical care to its poor could more than double, according to a report from county Health Care Services. It costs the county about $35 million to meet its legal obligation for the medical care of indigents at the hospital, but that cost would range from $33 million to $70 million if the county had to pay someone else to provide medical care to...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.