Latest Zachary K. Johnson Stories
By Zachary K. Johnson, The Record, Stockton, Calif. Jul. 30--STOCKTON -- Without San Joaquin General Hospital, the cost to the county to provide medical care to its poor could more than double, according to a report from county Health Care Services. It costs the county about $35 million to meet its legal obligation for the medical care of indigents at the hospital, but that cost would range from $33 million to $70 million if the county had to pay someone else to provide medical care to...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.