Latest Zarnie Khadjesari Stories
Reuters reports that some alcoholics may drink less when using certain computer programs, according to a new report published in the journal Addiction. British researchers, looking through earlier research, found that heavy drinkers were able to slightly reduce their weekly consumption. But not all of the studies they analyzed had positive results, and those that were had limitations, the team reported. However, these computer-based interventions show promise and could help the estimated...
- A Roman unit of weight, 1⁄1728 of a pound.
- A weight of four grains used in weighing gold and precious stones; a carat.
- In anatomy, a formation suggesting a husk or pod.
- The lowest unit in the Roman coinage, the twenty-fourth part of a solidus.
- A coin of base silver of the Gothic and Lombard kings of Italy.