Latest Zimbabwe African National Union – Patriotic Front Stories
By Cris Chinaka HARARE (Reuters) - Zimbabwe voters trickled to the polls on Saturday in controversial elections for a new Senate which the opposition is partly boycotting over accusations the poll is designed to consolidate President Robert Mugabe's rule. Mugabe's ruling ZANU-PF this year used its parliamentary majority to create the new 66-seat upper chamber of parliament, which will approve or reject bills passed by the lower house. The ZANU-PF went into the elections a certain...
By Stella Mapenzauswa HARARE (Reuters) - A former Zimbabwe opposition legislatorfreed on Tuesday after nine months in jail for assaulting agovernment minister described his ordeal as "hell" and saidinmates were beaten daily and kept barely clothed. "I feel very sad for those that are left behind there ...because I should imagine if one gets to hell, that is what youexperience," Roy Bennett, a shrunken version of his normallyburly self, told a news conference after his release. Parliament...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.