Latest Zinc selenide Stories
A team of scientists led by John Badding, a professor of chemistry at Penn State University, has developed the very first optical fiber made with a core of zinc selenide -- a light-yellow compound that can be used as a semiconductor. The new class of optical fiber, which allows for a more effective and liberal manipulation of light, promises to open the door to more versatile laser-radar technology. Such technology could be applied to the development of improved surgical and medical lasers,...
PITTSBURGH, April 15 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- II-VI (Nasdaq GLOBAL SELECT: IIVI) announces the following Webcast: What: II-VI Webcast When: April 21, 2009 @ 9:00 AM Eastern Where: http://www.videonewswire.com/event.asp?id=57479 How: Live over the Internet -- Simply log on to the web at the address above. Contact: Michelle Freehling, II-VI Incorporated, (724) 352-5259 If you are unable to participate during the live webcast, the call...
- A murmuring sound; a rushing or whistling sound, like that of the wind; a deep sigh.
- A gentle breeze; a waft; a breath.
- Any rumor that engages general attention.
- To make a rushing, whistling, or sighing sound; emit a hollow murmur; murmur or sigh like the wind.
- To breathe in or as in sleep.
- To utter in a whining or monotonous tone.