By VALERIE HILL
YAWNING can kill you, as poor Ben Shire, 34, nearly discovered when he was making tea to try to keep himself awake. He strained his jaw so badly that he dislocated it, then collapsed unable to breathe or swallow and started choking on his own saliva. His terrified wife Sam dialled 999 and paramedics got him to hospital with his jaw locked, which took four hours to reset.
What a terrific achievement for this well-trained emergency crew to arrive so swiftly that they saved his life by stabilising his horrendous accident. It really makes you proud of our ambulance services.
(c) 2007 Daily Post; Liverpool. Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.